W15.1 Technology, the Internet and Virtual Worlds

1. Summary

  Technology is a collection of methods or processes used to achieve objectives such as the production or scientific investigation of goods or services. A typical example is a mobile phone. Cell-phones have led to changes in social customs, and informal social norms have developed around the use of cell-phones in public situations. There is also criticism that social networks, which many people mainly use on their phones, offer many advantages such as discovering business networks and no space-time constraints, but provide the potential to cause controversy in individual lives. This is because people who post these possible photos are usually not alienated from the social group. There have also been criticisms of gender inequality and worsening academic performance within social networks.

 

2. Interesting point

 I was surprised to see that he showed a much higher level of anxiety than when he was allowed to use the iPhone during over-delivery when he separated it from the iPhone with various tasks that individuals had to finish. "Other than that, I felt that the same phenomenon was not unfamiliar when walking on the street and using public transportation." I could have taken public transportation for a long time, but without a cell phone, I would feel very uncomfortable and worried. In this respect, I came to feel that cell-phones are really changing my life.

 

3. Question

 How should we deal with the bad changes that technology makes our lives?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science & Futurism with Isaac 2_extra credit

Extra credit—Examples of values that have been commodified

W5.2- Introduction to Sociology/Religion-LUAN QIANYUE