W 13.1 Social_stratification
1) Summarize
Social stratification refers to a social structure in which socially separated layers or classes exist. It is a structure based on inequality in social status, power, goods, and opportunities. Social stratification is considered a common feature of human society, and there are various criteria and factors used to divide people into different classes or strata.
Social stratification is an important topic of sociological theory and research. Social stratification can be influenced by various social factors such as power, occupation, education, religion, gender, race, and place of origin, as well as economic factors such as income and property distribution imbalance.
Social stratification is an important topic of sociological theory and research. Social stratification can be influenced by various social factors such as power, occupation, education, religion, gender, race, and place of origin, as well as economic factors such as income and property distribution imbalance.
2) Interesting point
I learned that there are various classification criteria such as occupation, education, and religion as well as income. I learned about the characteristics of stratification in detail, and it was interesting to learn another new sociological theory.
3) Question
There are various sociologists who have influenced the classification of social stratification. What is the difference between the social stratification theory they established?
Our society is fair to all. But we cannot be fair. Even if we don't divide society, we are divided into many factors. In particular, I think the stratification, which is divided into income and property, has melted into our society. In this regard, stratification is a structure based on inequality, so I think stratification will not disappear unless all humans look, are property, and all conditions are the same. We naturally compare. So I don't think it's bad. I think it's just natural. So I was also interested when I learned the characteristics of stratification in detail and encountered new sociological theories. To sum up the question, Marxist theory is an approach to understanding the social class around economic factors. The theory emphasizes class struggle, a major driver of human history, by differences in means of ownership. The theory explains the social class around economic inequality and conflict between workers and capitalists. Weber's theory argues that social status and power, as well as economic factors, influence the formation of social classes. Weber emphasizes three dimensions: class, consciousness, and social decoration, and argues that social status and cultural factors as well as economic resources play an important role in classification. Wolf's theory emphasizes the interaction of various resources, including education, culture, and social relations, as well as economic resources. He wants to understand the social class through the interaction of social capital, cultural capital, economic capital, and symbolic capital. The theory argues that the degree of freedom and possibility of social practice influence the formation of social classes. The international social hierarchy theory is an approach to understanding the hierarchy between countries and regions in a global economic system. The theory describes a global hierarchy of core countries, quasi-core countries, and peripheral countries, which it argues are influenced by economic dependence and national position in the international market. As such, differences in theory exist for each theorist.
ReplyDelete