W 12.2 Dramaturgy_(sociology)
1) Summarize
Dramaturgy is a sociological theory that compares social interaction to a performance of a play. This theory presents a view to understand human behavior and social interaction similarly to the components of the play. Dramaturgy is known primarily for its theories developed and introduced by Erving Goffman.
Dramaturgy likens social interaction to stage and actor, audience, theatrical behavior, etc. This figurative concept allows us to understand how humans play their roles in social situations and regulate perceptual relationships.
Dramaturgy likens social interaction to stage and actor, audience, theatrical behavior, etc. This figurative concept allows us to understand how humans play their roles in social situations and regulate perceptual relationships.
2) Interesting point
It was interesting that we could see socialization not only in our daily lives but also through the media. In particular, it was good to introduce the sociological theory used in the play as an example. Actually, I like plays and watch dramas and movies often. Every time I see such things, it's amazing that I was unconsciously learning to play Dramaturgy.
3) Question
Can we also learn socialization through the audience of the play?
It was interesting that he was learning about Dramaturgy unknowingly from his favorite play. When asked if I could learn social studies through the audience of the play, I think it is a powerful tool to learn a lot from. Social interaction can be further developed, and plays can also be used to explore social values, moral thinking, and cultural traditions. Through the play, questions about social values can be raised, and awareness and motivation for social change can be induced. The play does not deviate from reality and provides insight into social problems and interactions, while also helping to improve creative thinking and expressiveness. Therefore, plays can be used as a useful tool for learning and understanding socialization.
ReplyDelete