W 12.1 Symbolic_interactionism

1) Summarize
Symbolic interactionism is a sociological theory that focuses on the process of social interaction and communication. This theory focuses on interactions and symbolic meanings to understand the relationship between individual behavior and the social environment. Symbolic interactionism emphasizes the concept of subjective meaning, interaction reciprocity, and mutual development.

Symbolic interactionism includes the following core concepts and principles:

Interaction: Symbolic interactionism deals with interactions between individuals as important. Interaction refers to the process in which people pay attention to and understand each other's behavior and attitudes, and respond mutually based on them. This plays an important role in understanding the formation and maintenance of social structures as a series of interactions.

Giving Symbolic Meaning: Symbolic Interactionism emphasizes the importance of giving symbolic meaning in interaction and communication. Symbols include words, gestures, signals, symbolic actions, etc., through which meaning is shared and transmitted. Individuals understand and coordinate interactions and social phenomena by interpreting and giving meanings to symbols.

Subjective meaning: Symbolic interactionism emphasizes that individuals give meaning to situations and social interactions independently. Each individual has his or her own experiences, perspectives, values, and cultural backgrounds, through which he or she understands and interprets interactions and communication.

Interaction: Symbolic interactionism emphasizes that interaction is an interactive process. Individuals influence, influence, and mutually develop relationships in the process of interaction. This plays an important role in influencing individual behavior and social change.

Symbolic interactionism emphasizes the complexity of interaction and communication to understand social phenomena. This theory is used to explore various social phenomena such as social perception, self-development, interaction patterns, group dynamics, and social change.

2) Interesting point
I was able to find out the characteristics of symbolic interactionism. There are not many opportunities to learn about sociological theory through such various cases, but I was able to learn it in detail by reading this paper. At first, it was not easy to understand this theory, but it was easy to understand when I applied it to my life with various cases.

3) Question
Why did Herbert Bloomer form the theory of symbolic interactionism?

Comments

  1. It was very impressive that I could learn the characteristics of symbolic interaction theory and that I could learn sociological theory in detail in this paper and also put it into my life. I also feel like I'm thinking of situations in my life and substituting them when I read sociology papers. Why did Bloomer in the question create an interaction theory? Bloomer emphasized the importance of symbols and meanings used in interactions. Individuals communicate and interpret meaning through language, gestures, and symbolic expressions. Through these symbolic interactions, humans share and interact with the social semantic system. Bloomer argued that social behavior consists of interaction and interaction, and that meaning and interpretation are formed in the process of interaction. Therefore, I thought I could understand social behavior and changes in structure by understanding interaction and communication.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Science & Futurism with Isaac 2_extra credit

Extra credit—Examples of values that have been commodified

W5.2- Introduction to Sociology/Religion-LUAN QIANYUE