Final blog about "What did I learn from this class?"
Summarization
Regarding this article about summarizing what we have learned in this course this semester, I would like to summarize it in two parts. The first until midterm exam, the content of the study is to understand the introduction of sociology, from which I learned that nearly eighty percent of the graduates of sociology majors are female. Introduction to Sociology/Sociological Methods learned about the methods sociologists use to research social life. Sociological Theory learned how sociologists develop theories to explain social phenomena. Introduction to Sociology/Culture was my first exposure to subcultures and countercultures and cultural change. Learned about the history of the free culture movement.Knew through Introduction to Sociology/Religion that religion has three major functions in society social cohesion, social control, and providing meaning and purpose.
The final chapters of the midterm were Introduction to Sociology/Economy. Introduction to Economics learned about the history of capitalism and how it works is what I was most interested in. There was also Socialism, which was analyzed through Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the United States to see what it is all about.
The second was that we studied many, many topics up until the final exam. I was most interested in Social Stratification, Social Inequality, Introduction to Gender, Introduction to Race and Ethnicity, and finally Introduction to Demography. The content was very informative about what society is really like. As well as understanding more about my country from a data perspective.
Comments
Post a Comment